- 1 pk Fast-rising dry yeast
- 3 c All-purpose white flour
- 1 c Hot water (120F-to-130F)
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Mozzarella - thinly sliced - or cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 c Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 lb -Fresh tomatoes - seeded, drained - and roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves - peeled and minced
- 1/2 ts Dried oregano
- 6 -Fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tb Olive oil
PREHEAT OVEN TO 500F.
(MIXING AND KNEADING: 1 1/2 MINUTES.) Place the yeast and 1 cup of the flour in the bowl of a food processor and pulse once using the metal knife or the plastic dough blade. With the machine running, pour in the hot water (make certain it's hot when you use it). As soon as it's in, turn the machine off; add the salt and remaining 2 cups of flour. Next, pulse until the dough begins to hold together; then let the machine run continously until a ball of dough forms.
(ASSEMBLY: 5 MINUTES.) Lightly oil the pan with vegetable oil and dust with coarsely ground yellow cornmeal. Press the dough out into an 8-inch circle with your fingertips and then roll or stretch it out into a 15-or-18-inch pizza shell. Fit the shell onto prepared pan. Sprinkle desired toppings over dough, and finish with a drizzling of olive oil. Bake 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the topping is bubbly. For a well-done crust bake 5 minutes longer.